In respect to the battle for the leadership of the 9th National Assembly, Olajide Olatunbosun, who represents the Saki West, East and ATISBO federal constituency, on Tuesday stated that most of the
NASS Leadership: 'APC Reps Wants Me As The Next Speaker' | Nigeria News , Instagram: adeniyidman","sameAs":["https://www.facebook.com/officialnaijanews","https://twitter.com/Adeniyi72624383"]}]}


politics

NASS Leadership: ‘APC Reps Wants Me As The Next Speaker’

Published

on

In respect to the battle for the leadership of the 9th National Assembly, Olajide Olatunbosun, who represents the Saki West, East and ATISBO federal constituency, on Tuesday stated that most of the All Progressives Congress members in the House of Representatives wants him as the next speaker

Olatubosun during an interview with NAN stated that he has the backing of most his party members to become the next speaker of the house.

“As I have said before, I was waiting for the party to zone the position to the Southwest before I conclude on whether to contest or not because I’m a very loyal party man.”

“Upon further discussion and consultations with stakeholders and with a pledge of support and assurance from my colleagues, I have made my ambition known today.”

“As I speak to you this afternoon, majority of APC members and some who are even in opposition parties prefer me to lead the house.”

“I have been patient enough to wait for zoning of the party even when my colleagues are screaming it loud and clear that I’m their preferred choice,” he said.

When he was asked if the party has endorsed a candidate for the position he said, “What the party did was to advise, it can’t give order or directive, we are all qualified.”

“I’m going to the contest as a popular candidate with the support of my party members; the support we have received so far has been enormous,“ he said.


is an Associate at Naija News. He is a news media enthusiast, he holds a degree in psychology and loves exploring and sharing about the enormous power that lies in the human mind. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Instagram: adeniyidman

Continue Reading
Advertisement


politics

Insecurity: Atiku Tells Buhari, APC What To Do

Published

on

Atiku condemns killings in Nigeria

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has told President Muhammadu Buhari and the governing All Progressives Congress (APC) to take responsibility of the heightened insecurity in the country.

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 elections was reacting to a report purportedly released by a United States based Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), called Centre for Diplomacy and Democracy.

In the said report, the NGO had blamed the opposition in Nigeria for the killings, kidnapping, bloodletting and banditry across the country.

Reacting in a statement sent to Naija News on Tuesday, Atiku’s Media Adviser, Mr Paul Ibe,  described the report as a contrived write-up by a fictitious NGO.

The statement reads: “The contrived report by a fictitious non-governmental organization in the United States is the deepest low that Muhammadu Buhari administration has gone in causing further division and promoting instability in Nigeria.

“Anyone versed enough in the protocol of international NGOs will discern without much ado that the particular report by a faceless, insipid organization known as ‘Centre for Diplomacy and Democracy’ was contrived with express mobilization from officials of the Buhari administration in a shameless and disingenuous attempt to find a jejune explanation for the rising rate of insecurity in Nigeria.

“Our investigations has revealed that there is no such report as being touted and no such body called ‘Centre for Diplomacy and Democracy’. Americans will never write ‘Centre’. They will write ‘Center’ in conformity to American English usage.

“It is so distasteful that the Buhari administration, rather than have a self-introspection and admit to the world that its policies and actions are responsible for the divisions in the country, with manifestation of all manner of crimes such as banditry, kidnapping and wanton killings across the land, chooses to employ the service of a faceless NGO to blame the opposition for its own ineptitude.

“We must remind President Buhari that the buck stops on his table and his infantile style of looking for whom to blame for his failures will not obliterate his abysmal record of performance in the past four years.

“The Buhari administration and the ruling APC are renowned for propaganda stunt and double-speak. Sadly, it does not matter to them the disturbing number of criminalities happening on daily basis in Nigeria.

“In their warped thinking, the performance rate of security chiefs during times like this is determined on how much weight the Inspector General of Police has lost.

“The question to ask is: how would the APC have reproved a president who makes such careless remarks on national security at a time when insecurity in the country has assumed epidemic proportions?

“President Buhari and the APC have shown without equivocation that the job at hand is overwhelming for them.

“And because they lack the basic clue of how to tame the bogey that they have created, they now scamper around like school kids who have caused an upset in a highly sensitive science laboratory.

“Nigerians don’t pray for a president who passes the buck. All they want is a president who can hold the bull at the horn and get the job done.

“After all, President Buhari took an oath to defend lives and property of the citizens, which is the primary responsibility of every government.”


Continue Reading

politics

PDP Accuses Buhari Of Admitting To Failed Government

Published

on

The Peoples Democratic Party recently accused President Muhammadu Buhari of admitting to failure in governance after his alleged confession that anger, frustration, and disenchantment among the youths are responsible for the escalation of kidnapping, abduction and other crimes in Nigeria.

The opposition party stated that this is a confirmation that President Buhari was aware the youths did not vote for him during the Presidential election.

The party in a statement through its spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan said, “This self-confession by Mr. President is equally an admission that he has no solutions, and points to the ugly situation that would continue to confront the nation, if the stolen Presidential mandate is not retrieved in the courts.”

“Is it not appalling that at a time when other world leaders are leading their youths to constructive and productive ventures and developing their nations, Nigerian youths are being pushed into situations of anger, frustration and recourse to criminality?”

“Under President Buhari, our national economy has continued to slide; over 30 millions Nigerians have lost their jobs and basic means of livelihood; businesses have continued to shut down; cost of essential goods and services have persistently soared, while purchasing power of citizens worsen.”

“It is more disheartening that instead of finding solutions, Mr. President resorted to rhetoric and begging the question to the extent of describing criminality as a “new occupation and a business”.

“Moreover, Nigerians were shocked at President Buhari’s insensitivity to the victims of the bloodlettings, kidnapping, banditry and other acts of violence in the country when he trivialized and made a joke of the insecurity in the land by stating that losing weight is a sign that the Inspector General of Police, Adamu Mohammed, was effectively tackling the security issues.”

“It is most heartbreaking that at the time President Buhari was making a joke on the security situation, bandits were having a field day in communities in Zamfara State where they reportedly killed over 50 Nigerians, while many more compatriots are still held hostage by kidnappers in forests in various parts of our country.”

“Such attitude to governance, especially on issues that have to do with the lives of Nigerians, is completely unacceptable and must be condemned by all,” he added.


Continue Reading

politics

Atiku Vs Buhari: When Tribunal Will Hold 1st Sitting Revealed

Published

on

The Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal (PEPT) will hold its inaugural sitting on Wednesday.

It was reported that a notice for the preliminary sitting of the tribunal would be issued this week, the PEPT issued the notice on Monday.

The notice was served on all the parties to the petitions, including the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Tuesday.

Others that were said to have been served through their lawyers included the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari, the PDP and its presidential candidate in the 2019 presidential elections, Atiku Abubakar.

The five-man panel that will hear the PDP‎ and Atiku’s petition is to be led by the President of the Court of Appeal.

The tribunal has three other petitions by various political parties and their candidates ‎to hear.

The Punch had reported on Monday that the PEPT ‎was, this week, expected to issue the notice for the pre-hearing session on the petition filed by the PDP and Atiku.

The tribunal will, during the pre-hearing session which the Electoral Act provides must be completed within 14 days, fix “clear dates” for the hearing of the petition.

The five-man tribunal has 180 days’ period from the date of filing of the petition on March 18 to hear and deliver its judgment in the case in which the petitioners said they had assembled about 400 witnesses to testify.


Continue Reading

Contact Us

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Trending